Paperwork tamed: Mobility resources for licensed social workers, updated

Paperwork may be a daunting necessity. But for a social worker making a move or adding a license in a new jurisdiction, filling out forms and gathering documents are tasks that can be tamed.

ASWB resources help social workers with practice mobility by pointing them in the direction of the forms they need. Take a look at Mobility resources for social workers, updated in June 2021, to get started with the paperwork.

The process often begins with a search of the regulatory board website in the new jurisdiction to find out what is required.  Typically, you need to fill out an application for the new jurisdiction, submit documentation, and complete forms requesting license verification from the jurisdictions where you hold or have held a license.

You might also need to look at the websites for the board or boards where you already hold a license to find forms they require to verify your licensure.

Completing paperwork to add a license is worth the effort. After all, it leads to a powerful piece of paper—the license itself—evidence of a social worker’s readiness to practice safely, competently, and ethically in that jurisdiction.